Next Spring, 20-22 May 2020, in Sopron, Hungary at CSFK Geodetic and Geophysical Institute the EPOS SP project will organise a workshop titled “Understanding the active deformation of the Adriatic Plate and its margins: Science, Infrastructure & Community Building”.
The first EPOS SP workshop is focused on fostering EPOS community services in the Adriatic-Carpathian-Dinarides region.
Among the goals of the workshop are:
- capacity building and strengthening cross-European scientific transfer of knowledge and infrastructure;
- coordinating with interested groups and partners the preparation of the AdriaArray experiment and key scientific components, including discussing proposals to funding sources and initial project logistics;
- broadening the community of EPOS & EPOS Seismology (ORFEUS, EMSC, EFEHR) in the region;
- discussing best practices for field work and data management of permanent and temporary deployments and tailor-made QC for dense temporary networks;
- fostering the cooperation of mobile seismic pools in Europe.
More information about the program in the attached 2nd circular.
The registration system will close as soon as the maximum number of 70 participants is reached and, in any case, not later than 20 March 2020.
The Organising Committee:
- EPOS & ORFEUS / EPOS Seismology integration: C. Cauzzi, R. Sleeman, F. Haslinger
- Science program & AdriaArray community setup: T. Meier, P. Kolínský, C. Faccenna
- Local organisation: I. Kovács