The European Geosciences Union (EGU) General Assembly 2020. has been opened yesterday (4–8 May). See here the welcome video.
Thousands of Earth, planetary and space scientists will participate in Sharing Geoscience Online, the largest-ever virtual geoscience meeting. EGU will livestream ten keynote sessions plus several press conferences, including a Jules Verne-inspired Journey to the Centre of the Earth.
Participants can join Sharing Geoscience Online completely free of charge. This will allow anyone to select specific scientific areas or sessions of interest within the programme, view the research and presentations that have been uploaded and participate in text-based chats with scientists to get more details on each topic presented. Each session has a dedicated time for the text-based chat, and you can also view and comment on the uploaded research anytime from now until the end of May. There will also be ten live-streamed keynote symposia and debate sessions taking place during the week.
The EPOS team suggest the session:
ESSI3.2 The evolving Open and FAIR ecosystem for Solid Earth and Environmental sciences: challenges, opportunities, and other adventures, Co-sponsored by AGU; Convener: Florian Haslinger | Co-conveners: Helen Glaves, Shelley Stall, Lesley Wyborn
This session is scheduled for a live chat on Tuesday, 05 May 2020, 08:30-10:15. Hereafter some presentations that can be downloaded.
- D885 | EGU2020-4169 Practical data sharing with tangible rewards through publication in ESSD, David Carlson, Kirsten Elger, Jens Klump, Ge Peng, and Johannes Wagner
- D886 | EGU2020-8463 AtMoDat: Improving the reusability of ATmospheric MOdel DATa with DataCite DOIs paving the path towards FAIR data, Daniel Neumann, Anette Ganske, Vivien Voss, Angelina Kraft, Heinke Höck, Karsten Peters, Johannes Quaas, Heinke Schluenzen, and Hannes Thiemann
- D888 | EGU2020-9207 FAIR access to soil and agricultural research data: The BonaRes Data Repository Carsten Hoffmann, Xenia Specka, Nikolai Svoboda, and Uwe Heinrich
- D889 | EGU2020-10057 Putting the INGV data policy into practice: considerations after the first-year experience, Mario Locati, Francesco Mariano Mele, Vincenzo Romano, Placido Montalto, Valentino Lauciani, Roberto Vallone, Giuseppe Puglisi, Roberto Basili, Anna Grazia Chiodetti, Antonella Cianchi, Massimiliano Drudi, Carmela Freda, Maurizio Pignone, and Agata Sangianantoni
- D890 | EGU2020-12001 Building a sustainable international research data infrastructure - Lessons learnt in the IGSN 2040 project, Jens Klump, Kerstin Lehnert, Lesley Wyborn, and Sarah Ramdeen and the IGSN 2040 Steering Committee
- D893 | EGU2020-15358 EPOS Multi-scale laboratories Data Services & Trans-national access program, Richard Wessels and Otto Lange and the EPOS TCS Multi-scale laboratories Team
- D895 | EGU2020-18847 Staying fair while being FAIR - challenges with FAIR and Open data and services for distributed community services in Seismology, Florian Haslinger and Epos Seismology Consortium
- D896 | EGU2020-17073 Beyond article publishing - support and opportunities for researchers in FAIR data sharing, Graham Smith and Andrew Hufton
For details of the session programme and the link to the chat room (becomes active 15 minutes before the scheduled time), please see: https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/37040