EPOS members of the TCS technical staff will attend the workshop Smart Descriptions & Smarter Vocabularies (SDSVoc), organized by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) in conjunction with the EU funded project VRE4EIC (Virtual Research Environment to Empower multidisciplinary Research Communities) that is one of the EPOS partners.
The workshop will be held at the CWI, Amsterdam Science Park, the 30th of November and the 1st of December 2016.
This workshop aims to clarify the steps needed to improve communication between data repositories and applications that use that data, such as virtual research environments.
A further aim is to explore how W3C can best support vocabulary development for a variety of communities.
All EPOS metadata and architecture related work is in line with the topics of the workshop. The W3C workshop will be a good opportunity for EPOS for having a trans-national impact.
The event is open and free to all. The 25th November 2016 is the deadline for registration.
The Workshop topics include:
- Approaches to dataset descriptions
- Experience of using DCAT and/or other dataset description vocabularies
- Defining and using metadata profiles
- Discovering metadata profiles
- Providing and using metadata in multiple profiles for multiple contexts
- Experiences of developing, managing and mapping vocabularies.
Full details are available here.