The ORFEUS annual Observatory Coordination meeting 2016 will be organized together with (and followed by) an EPOS-IP WP8-Seismology Workshop on OBS (Ocean Bottom Seismometers) and Mobile Seismic Pools (MSP) coordination from the 25th to 28th October 2016 in Dubrovnik, Croatia, at the Hotel Neptun.
As ORFEUS is the Infrastructure for seismic waveform data within EPOS-IP the WP8 participants are strongly encouraged to participate in this workshop, in particular from the OBS and MSP communities.
The goal of the 2016 ORFEUS Annual Observatory Coordination meeting is to provide network and station operators an opportunity to meet, exchange and discuss experiences and knowledge on recent and current developments in e.g. seismic network operations, data management and exchange and community tools; to efficiently integrate data from these communities within the European Integrated Data Archive (EIDA: www.orfeus-eu.org/eida), a key infrastructure of ORFEUS and EPOS architectures.
The combined 2016 meeting will specifically focus on the following topics:
- enhanced collaboration between ORFEUS and the seismic networks in the Balkan region;
- recent developments in network and data centre operations;
- the AlpArray seismic network deployment;
- enhanced coordination between the Mobile Seismic Pools (MSP) and Ocean Bottom Seismometers (OBS) communities in ORFEUS.
The OBS meeting will be divided into 3 half-day sessions:
- Thursday afternoon, Oct 27: Joint session with EPOS mobile pools
- Friday morning, Oct 28: Individual OBS session
- Friday afternoon: Joint session with EPOS mobile pools